Pureed Peas & Mint Quiche by Martha

enjoying the backyard

I hate eating lunches out during the week.  Or, rather, I should say that I hate eating out when I have to.  I'd much rather save my money for eating out with my family instead of some harried lunch that I can't really enjoy.  Not to mention that lately, my job has been so busy that I'd much rather be able to eat at my desk - well, ok, I sort of prefer that (hello, can you say introvert?  Also, this.)

All of this to say that during the middle of this week I suddenly had no lunch planned for the following few days and I panicked.  Weird, I know, but I had to have a plan.  I had just recently bought the latest MS magazine and I figured I should try one of her quiches.  Everyone has eggs in their fridge, and I also had a lonely half bag of peas in the fridge (didn't have the heavy cream but used some of my sweet toddler's whole milk...he'll never know).  I ALSO had mint from our very lovely mojito kick the previous weekend.

What I didn't have was a crust, but let me tell you, don't let that stop you!  I ended up using puff pastry.  I'd bet that her crust tastes much better, but nobody got time for that (is that joke dead yet?).

Here's the full recipe if you want to attempt it.  It seems rather watery when you take it out of the oven, and even as I was packing it for lunch that next morning I was questioning all of the liquid, but honestly it makes for a wonderfully light creamy quiche.  Just the thing I like to eat by myself while I check on my facebook feed.

Comments

Popular Posts